Long Island Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Firm in Melville, NY and San Diego, CA seeks damages for victims
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) that occurs as a result of a car crash or some other incident could trigger medical problems that last months, years or even permanently. My firm, Themis Law Group, LLC, advocates on behalf of TBI victims in New York, California and New Jersey as they seek to hold liable parties accountable for their actions. From offices in Melville, Long Island and San Diego, I gather the factual and expert evidence necessary to link defendants’ behavior to the short- and long-term effects that follow a severe blow to the head.
Incidents that frequently cause traumatic brain injuries
My personal injury firm represents plaintiffs in a full range of TBI claims, including matters arising from:
- Car crashes — In a car accident, a victim’s head often snaps violently, hitting the car or another passenger. As an accomplished litigator familiar with insurance company tactics, I take on carriers that refuse to provide the payment they owe to people hurt in collisions.
- Falls — Tripping on cracked pavement, a broken tile or a slippery walking surface could result in a serious head injury. If the property owner did not take reasonable steps to eliminate the hazard or warn visitors, my firm can file a premises liability action.
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents — Victims of bicycle crashes and motorcycle accidents frequently suffer severe brain trauma even if they are wearing a helmet.
- Assaults — A punch in the head or some other type of physical attack might have lasting consequences. My firm brings civil cases against individuals whose intentional actions caused serious harm.
- Strikes from dropped or falling objects — If you were struck in the head by a falling ceiling tile, a dropped tool at a construction site, luggage from an overhead compartment or another object, I will bring a claim against the negligent party.
I fight for brain injury victims so that they can obtain the funds they need to pay for their medical expenses, cover income lost while out of work, address the often debilitating pain associated with head injuries and deal with the life changes that result.
Symptoms of traumatic brain injuries
Unlike other types of accident-related injuries, the effects of a blow to the head might not be immediately apparent. Medical attention is required even if you are not feeling severe symptoms. Short- and long-term effects of a traumatic brain injury can include:
- Loss of memory
- Vision and hearing problems
- Nausea or a bad taste in your mouth
- Severe fatigue
- Loss of balance
Defendants, along with their lawyers and insurance companies, might claim that you were not seriously injured or that your symptoms are not linked to their negligence. From the outset of your case, I consult with doctors specializing in neurological disorders and other experts to strengthen your position during settlement negotiations and, if necessary, at trial.
Contact a proven lawyer for a free consultation about a traumatic brain injury claim
Themis Law Group, LLC seeks compensation for victims of traumatic brain injuries in New York, California and New Jersey. For a free consultation at my Melville, Long Island or San Diego office, please call 866-226-4230 or contact me online.